Sunday, January 10, 4-9pm Come One! Come All!
Berkeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists, 1924 Cedar Street
New Beginnings to Activate for The Best Year Ever!
Diverse Issues to Discuss & Strategize Potluck, Speeches, Roundtable, Info Tables Community & Good New Years Cheer
4:30- 6:00 pm, Program, Part 1: Joanna Macy, Harvey Wasserman, Linda Seeley, Jon Simon, Ann Fagan Ginger, Berkeley Progressive Alliance, CODEPINK Women for Peace, BFUU Social Justice Committee (more info below).
6:00 pm, Community Vegetarian Potluck dinner
7:00-9:00 pm, Program, Part 2: Roundtable presentations + planning and organizing for action on social and environmental justice issues, including:
- Shut Guantanamo, entering 14th year of operation on Jan. 11, 2016, release the Cleared Detainees, Prosecute Torture Policy Officials, including John Yoo
- End Election theft and voter suppression in 2016: what must we do to stop election theft & win a verifiable vote count?
- Help get a Berkeley Progressive majority for Mayor/City Council in 2016 (new Berkeley Progressive Alliance)
- Shut the Diablo Canyon Nuke in 2016, make the PUC and NRC regulate PG&E, support financially sound and efficient solar and clean energy policies
- Black Lives Matter: Civilize the police in 2016, make them accountable and respectful to our community, stop racial profiling, brutality and murder
- End illegal military and CIA drone use in 2016, support drone whistleblowers
- Environmental justice issues in 2016: stop fracking, divest from fossil fuels, stop dirty oil and coal trains
- Audit the Pentagon + other left-right convergence issues outlined in Nader's Unstoppable: Forming a Left-Right Convergence to Dismantle the Corporate State
Joanna Macy: eco-philosopher, Buddhist scholar, author of 12 books, founder of "The Work that Reconnects"
Harvey Wasserman: author of Solartopia, American journalist, author, democracy activist, green power advocate
Linda Seeley: Spokeswoman, San Luis Obispo Mothers for Peace
Jon Simon: author, Code Red: Computerized Election Theft and The New American Century, a call to action for election integrity
Cynthia Papermaster: Berkeley No More Guantanamos; BARC (Barkers Agitating for Reactor Closures); CODEPINK
Ann Fagan Ginger: Director/Founder Meiklejohn Civil Liberties Institute
Toby Blome: CODEPINK Women for Peace anti-drone activist and organizer
Paul Kangas: Solar policy activist
Phoebe Sorgen: organizer for democracy v corporatocracy