Join Move to Amend’s Outreach Director Greg Coleridge for an inspiring call-to-action and discussion on the nationwide movement to pass the 28th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to end corporate rule.
- Find about specific actions we can take in the Iowa City area!
- Learn the history of how the Supreme Court got us here and what it will take to abolish corporate personhood, end Citizens United, and get big money out of politics!
- Join us to learn how to work with those we elect in November to grow a democratic revolution to meet people’s needs for real justice and sustainability!
- Get personally inspired and motivated to join the movement!
Panel of local organizers to speak following presentation:
- Damita Brown - Midwest Telegraph and Freedom School Iowa City
- Mike Carberry - Johnson County Supervisor and political activist
- Maureen McCue - Iowa Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Miriam Timmer-Hackert, Community Rights Working Group
Free & open to the public. Move to Amend welcomes and depends on contributions in all its forms to grow our movement. Join us!
SPONSORED BY Eastern Iowa Move To Amend, Community Rights Working Group, Midwest Telegraph, Iowa Physicians for Social Responsibility; Johnson County Greens; Veterans For Peace, Iowa City; Poor People’s Campaign - Iowa
For more information on the national campaign contact:
Milly Harmon at barnstorming [at] movetoamend.org or (916) 318-8040.