**********MARK YOUR CALENDAR*********
DEMOCRACY DAY IS HERE!
Thursday, March 30, 2017
One Government Center
City Council Chambers
AND WE WANT YOUR PARTICIPATION!
Last year nearly 64% of Toledo’s citizens voted YES on ISSUE 1 in support of a constitutional amendment to abolish corporate constitutional rights and money as speech. As a result of this vote, Toledo is holding its first annual Democracy Day public hearing on the corrupting influence of moneyed interests in politics. This meeting provides a “bully pulpit” for the public to offer testimony on issues of local, national, or even global import.
Are you concerned over:
• Disinvestment in local schools and communities underfunded?
• Creating a safe sanctuary for targets of discrimination?
• Economic policies geared toward bribing large corporation to bring jobs instead of promoting sustainable economic solutions such as urban agriculture?
• Reform of our criminal justice system and shutting down the school to prison pipeline?
• Having a loophole-free living wage ordinance?
• Healthcare as a human rignt?
• Home Rule community rights under siege by State pre-emption?
• A clean and healthy Lake Erie?
• Setting renewable energy benchmarks?
• Unaccountability and lack of transparency in government?
Contact: Doug Jambard-Sweet for more info: 419-351-2958, djambardsweet [at] gmail.com