We displayed this banner over Highway 101 in Arcata, CA on July 4, 2011:
Click here for instructions to build your own (thanks to the Backbone Campaign)!
This type of banner is awesome because:
- It is pretty cheap to build and easy to assemble (just give yourself enough time and a good crew of folks to work with - cutting out the letters takes awhile);
- The materials are easy to acquire;
- It is super lightweight making it easy to hold up and easy to carry;
- Only three people needed to hold it;
- You're not breaking any laws when you display it.
Just make sure you don't attach it to the overpass in any way!
Be prepared for the police to come, and perhaps tell you to take it down for causing a traffic hazzard, but technically this isn't illegal in any state (as far as we know, might want to check traffic code ahead of time just to make sure).
But if you're concerned about getting in trouble just comply if the police ask you to stop.
This is a great way to spread the word. We'd like to see these banners pop up in towns across the US! Contact us if you need any help making it happen in your community.