Move to Amend is barnstorming across the country, and we're coming to a town near you! Catch a talk in your area, and learn how you can get involved in the campaign to end corporate personhood and demand real democracy!
Move to Amend executive committee members David Cobb, attorney and lifelong activist, and Leesa "George" Friday, anti-oppression trainer and community organizer, will be touring the Mid-Atlantic this July, in an effort to build connections, inspire activism, and reveal the origins of corporate power in America.
Move to Amend is a national coalition of over 212,900 people and organizations whose goal is amending the United States Constitution to end corporate rule by building a multiracial, cross-class democracy movement. George and David's presentations are part history lesson and part heart-felt call-to-action! "Challenging Corporate Rule & Creating Democracy" aims to help local folks understand how they can work to abolish corporate personhood and establish a government of, by, and for the people.
Click the links below for more info about each event, including time, location, and organizer contacts.
- July 1 to July 5 – PHILADELPHIA, PA: Occupy National Gathering
- Thursday, July 5 – PITTSBURGH, PA
- Friday, July 6 – CHARLESTON, WV
- Saturday, July 7 – ASHEVILLE, NC
- Monday, July 9 – FAYETTEVILLE, NC
- Tuesday, July 10 – GREENVILLE, NC
- Wednesday, July 11 – RALEIGH, NC (George Friday)
- Wednesday, July 111 – RICHMOND, VA (David Cobb)
- July 12 through July 15 – BALTIMORE, MD: Green Party National Convention
- Sunday, July 15 – WASHINGTON, D.C. (David Cobb)
These events are free and open to the public. We appreciate your donations to help us finance these tours, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
If you are planning to attend, please post on our rideshare board so that folks can get together to carpool to the events.
For more information contact Alanna Stewart, Move to Amend Barnstorming Coordinator, at barnstorming [at] movetoamend.org or 707-269-0984.