Move to Amend is barnstorming across the country, and we're coming to a town near you! Catch a talk in your area, and learn how you can get involved in the campaign to end corporate personhood and demand real democracy!
David Cobb, a fiery speaker and former Green Party presidential candidate, is touring the country giving his talk "Creating Democracy & Challenging Corporate Rule." This presentation is part history lesson and part heart-felt call-to-action! David gives a rousing one hour talk telling the story of the American creation myth and the Constitution as it pertains to Corporate Personhood and illegitimate but legal corporate constitutional rights, followed by about an hour of facilitated discussion.
Click the links below for more info about each event, including location and organizer contact.
- Thursday, August 23 – CHICAGO, IL: evening presentation with George Friday
- Friday, August 24 - Sunday, August 26 – MILWAUKEE, WI: Grassroots Democracy Convergence
- Monday, August 27 – OAK PARK, IL: evening presentation with David Cobb
- Wednesday, August 28 – CINCINNATI, OH: evening presentation with David Cobb
- Thursday, August 29 – LEXINGTON, KY: evening presentation with David Cobb
- Saturday, September 1 – KNOXVILLE, TN: Highlander Center 80th Anniversary
- Sunday, September 2 - 6 – CHARLOTTE, NC: March on Wall Street South
If you are planning to attend, please post on our new rideshare board so that folks can get together to carpool to the events.
For more information contact Alanna Stewart, Move to Amend Barnstorming Coordinator, at 707-269-0984 or barnstorming [at] movetoamend.org (subject: Oregon%20Tour)