The Miracle of Move to Amend
When you consider our many achievements this year compared to our operating budget, you might think miracles do happen.
- We held the Move To Amend National Leadership Summit in Washington, DC.
- The first National We the People Lobby Day and National Call-in Day took place.
- Our strategic plan to pass the 28th Amendment by 2016 was completed and approved.
- California and Washington State passed statewide initiatives in support of the We the People Amendment language.
- We added 8 new co-sponsors to the We the People Amendment now before Congress.
- We surpassed our goals with the Pledge to Amend campaign.
Therein lies the miracles! Contribute here!
All of this and more was accomplished on a budget of $450,000! Move to Amend creates victories for pennies compared to what many other organizations spend: no big travel budgets and hotel rooms, no swanky office in a high-rise building, and definitely no large payroll.
- 10 more co-sponsors on the We the People Amendment in the House,
- We the People Amendment introduced in the Senate for the first time with 5 co-sponsors,
- 3 more state legislatures pass resolutions in support of the We the People Amendment,
- 200 Pledge to Amend signups with at least 50% of candidates elected on Election Day,
- 175,000 new Motion to Amend petition signers,
- 100 active Move to Amend Affiliates, and
- Co-Host the Democracy Convention in the Twin Cities in July.
Miracles can and do happen, especially when good people come together and stand for justice. Your participation with Move to Amend is part of the magic of our miracle, along with the many volunteers who give so freely of their time -- and their pocketbooks.
We're working on more miracles in the coming year and need your help. Please contribute $100, $50, $28, or whatever you can afford!
Move to Amend outshines so many other organizations when it comes to real movement building; unfortunately for many communities, the next administration will provide endless opportunities for Move to Amend to dazzle.
That alone is reason to contribute to Move to Amend. Uniting diverse people in search of authentic democracy certainly qualifies as a miracle we need -- let's make it happen. Click here to contribute $100, $50, or even $28.
The closer we get to our goal, the more blowback, co-optation, and backlash we'll encounter. Move to Amend is prepared to meet the challenge and has a knack for making miracles happen. Do you?
No amount is too small. Please contribute here!
Daniel Lee, Laura Bonham, Jerome Scott, George Friday, David Conn, and Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap
Move to Amend
P.S. We must raise $150,000 between now and the end of the year to end 2016 in the black. Each year we rely on end of the year fundraising for over one third of our budget. Please help us meet our goals so that the movement to amend continues to gain ground!