Tonight at 5PM PT / 8 PM ET for Move to Amend Live!
Join our national director Kaitlin Sopoci-Belknap in this interactive monthly report on what’s happening with the Campaign to Legalize Democracy and all things Move to Amend.
We help you stay connected by giving you regular updates, answering your questions, and taking your comments.
Some of what we'll be covering tonight:
- Under Trump, who has had financial ties with the Dakota Access pipeline company, the US Department of Justice has pressed forward the prosecution of hundreds of indigenous activists from Standing Rock in part of what activists say is an aggressive campaign by US law enforcement to suppress indigenous and environmental movements, using drawn-out criminal cases and lengthy prison sentences.
- Private immigration detention facility companies are making significant contributions to campaigns of members of Congress.
- The billion-dollar business of operating "shelters" for migrant children
- The intelligence contractor MVM, Inc. won an $8 million five-year contract to "provide assistance" in detention centers for unaccompanied children, and has made $42.9 million in less than a year, transporting minors to centers in Texas.
- Update on our Mayday Budget Shortfall fundraising campaign (spoiler alert -- we did it, closed the budget shortfall, but now we need to talk about sustainability for this movement for the long haul)
- Report from the Move to Amend Leadership Summit!
- Move to Amend plans for the summer and beyond, including speaking and conferences
- Updates from the grassroots
- And that's not all!
Tune in for a chance to win a Move to Amend prize!
Keep up to date and help us build our community both online and off! Please spread the word -- invite your friends!
How to attend?
Will there be a replay?
Not sure what time the live stream is where you live?
See you there!