Move to Amend is barnstorming through Northern & Central California and we're coming to a town near you! Catch a talk in your area, and learn how you can get involved in the campaign to end corporate personhood and demand real democracy!
David Cobb, a fiery speaker and lifelong activist, is touring the country giving his talk "Creating Democracy & Challenging Corporate Rule." This presentation is part history lesson and part heart-felt call-to-action! David gives a rousing one hour talk telling the story of the American creation myth and the Constitution as it pertains to Corporate Personhood and illegitimate but legal corporate constitutional rights, followed by about an hour of facilitated discussion.
David will be traveling with Daniel Lee, a member of the Move to Amend Exec Team and Affiliate Coordinator of Move to Amend Los Angeles.
All events are open to the general public. We appreciate your donations to help us finance these tours, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Click the links below for more info about each event, including location and organizer contact:
- Sat & Sun, Apr. 27 & 28 - Durham, NH - Occupy New England 4th Regional Convergence
- Sunday April 28 - Porstmouth, NH - March for Environmentalism and Global Peace at noon
- Sunday April 28 - Farmington, ME - Evening presentation
- Monday April 29 - Rockland, ME - Evening Presentation
- Tuesday April 30 - Portland, ME - Evening Presentation
- Wednesday, May 1 - Concord, NH - Evening Presentation
- Thursday, May 2 - Portsmouth, NH - Evening Presentation
If you are planning to attend, please post on our new rideshare board so that folks can get together to carpool to the events.
For more information contact Sarah Scudder, MTA National Barnstorming Coordinator, at 707-269-0984 or barnstorming [at] movetoamend.org