The January 21 "Mourning in America" march, rally, and tongue-in-cheek memorial to Democracy (featuring five, robed "Injustices" of the Supreme Court, great speakers, music, and other street theater), drew over 150 people. We marched from Market & Montgomery (near the Montgomery BART Station) to the rally at the US District Court, 450 Golden Gate Ave, where a slew of speakers railed against Citizens United, and related decisions.
- Derek Cressman (Common Cause & CA Secretary of State candidate, 2014)
- Gayle McLaughlin (former Richmond Mayor who won against Chevron)
- Michael Eisenscher (National Coordinator of US Labor Against the War)
- Khafre Jay (hip-hop artist)Andres Soto (KPFA talk show host)
- via audio/video, Bill McKibben (350.org national leader)
The event was coordinated by the $$$OUT, People In!!! coalition, of which East Bay MTA is a member.