Every year, educational institutions which receive federal funding must provide programming on the US Constitution around September 16th, Constitution Day. This provides Move to Amend an opportunity to get into schools and make connections with educators and administrators. We encourage affiliates to reach out to their contacts in schools as well as make new contacts with local schools and offer to provide materials or present material to students themselves. We suggest presenting to college campuses and high schools.
- Suggested timeline for communicating with the school
- Sample Letter to present to educators/administrators
- Timeline exercise to present to students (with an adjusted version for high school students)
- Instructions/tips for presenting
- Discussion and debrief questions for students
- Follow up suggestions and materials for ongoing learning
Here are a few additional resources on Constitution Day from the Bill of Rights Defense Committee that might be helpful:
Please contact Jessica Munger at jessica [at] movetoamend.org or by phone at 916.318.8040 with any questions.