Nationwide Community Canvass Campaign and Listening Project
Take Move to Amend to your neighborhood with a door-knocking effort to learn about what's important to your community and connect our issues with their concerns!
Watch our National Team's Take Action Webinar for a step-by-step walkthrough for how to get involved in this project:
After watching the webinar, sign up here
- Learn what's important to our communities and engage them to find out what they think about issues of democracy and corporate power.
- Build relationships and trust in our community.
- Grow capacity and organizing skills of Move to Amend and our local groups.
- Grow support and number of petition signatures from diverse communities.
1. Set campaign plan for your group and community and get prepared. Set measurable goals for how many people to talk with in each neighborhood!
2. Identify the neighborhoods you would like to canvass and who will go door-to-door. We encourage volunteers to practice and work together in pairs!
3. Come together after each canvassing to debrief how it went and compile collected surveys. Relax - don't be too formal! Meet over coffee or a meal a coffee shop, a restaurant, or someone's house!
1. Do you feel like you are negatively affected by the power of giant corporations? [If they say yes, ask them why/how so?]
2. What do you believe are the 3 biggest problems in this country?
3. What do you think we should do to solve these problems?
4. How could we put these solutions into place?
5. Do you think corporations and their influence on our government are preventing these solutions from being used?
6. Would you be interested in joining a group of people fighting for justice and against too much corporate power?
7. Do you have any questions for us?
Important Campaign Roles
1. Meeting Facilitator(s): responsible for preparing agendas, sending meeting reminders and running meetings.
2. Canvass Captains: responsible for managing canvass days by reminding people of their shifts in advance, determining if canvass days need to be re-scheduled on account of weather and letting everyone know, bringing supplies to the canvass, conducting trainings in the field, collecting survey responses and getting them to Data Captains.
3. Data Captains: responsible for compiling and transmitting data to Move to Amend National within one week of each canvass day.
4. Canvassers: responsible for representing MTA in the community by being friendly, interested in what people have to say and able to answer questions. Also responsible for recording people's survey responses and getting them to Captains.
Check-Ins with Move to Amend's National Team
Please don't hesitate to contact our staff and leadership to share how the campaign is going!
- Call us Monday-Thursday between 10am-6pm PST at 916-318-8040 or email us anytime at affiliate-support [at] movetoamend.org (subject: We%20The%20People%20Listen%20Project%202018)
- We're happy to schedule conference calls to debrief with you and other participants from across the country!
- We the People Listen Participation Form (online form)
- Campaign Kickoff Meeting & Training Agenda (pdf)
- Canvass Rap, Survey Questions and Important Tips (pdf)
- Recording Sheet for taking down survey responses (pdf)
- Checklist for Canvass Captains (pdf)
- Checklist for Data Captains (pdf)
- Template press release to send to local media about launch (doc file)