Move to Amend is a grassroots movement. We have local affiliates in communities across the country, with more joining the campaign every week. If you don't already have a MTA group in your area, start one up!
Bring Your Group Together
Check to see if there’s already a group in your community. If not, your first step is to bring a group of interested people together.
Hold an introductory meeting
- Find a venue and time for your meeting
- Your first meeting can be small and in your living room! Pick a date, time, and place and invite your friends.
- Or, hold a public meeting at a library, community center, or church
Register your meeting with MTA
- We can post your event on the Move to Amend website and send an announcement to the Move to Amend petition signers in your area if you register it with us at least two weeks in advance.
Promote your meeting around town
- Send an email announcement to your friends and colleagues
- Create flyers and post them around town
- Advertise in local newspapers
- Create a Facebook event
- Send a reminder email before your meeting
Get ready for the meeting
- Check out the information on affiliating with MTA and download the application
- Print up MTA petitions to pass around at the meeting and for people to take with them to help collect petitions
- Download the Sample Meeting Agenda
- Read up on MTA's current Action Campaigns to be prepared to let your group know how you can participate in the MTA campaign's current activities
Also check out our suggested activities for new groups that can be organized year-round:
- Holding a Study Group
- Collecting Petitions for the MTA Campaign
- Host a Public Film Showing