Reversing Citizens United & Beyond: A Call for Political Justice!
Join Tampa Move to Amend to hear a host of local organizers engage discussion around the impact of increasing corporate power and unregulated money in elections. Keynote speaker Keyan Bliss will present a historical overview of how corporations have been granted personhood rights and give an inspiring call-to-action on the nationwide movement to end corporate personhood and get big money out of politics!
- On Martin Luther King Jr. Day join us to take a stand and demand real democracy for all!
- Coinciding with the anniversary of the Citizens United v. FEC Supreme Court ruling, learn the history of how the Supreme Court got us here and what it will take to overrule the court!
- Discover why abolishing corporate constitutional rights is directly connected to reforming campaign finance laws, access to safe food, providing affordable health care, strengthening worker rights, protecting the environment, and so much more…
- Find out about specific actions and how to get involved in the Tampa area!
- Local organizers to present: Doug Hughes, Political Activist; Sadie Dean, Tampa Restorative Justice Coalition Co-Chair; James Malone, Adjunct Professor of Criminal Justice at H.C.C. & Faculty Forward Member; Sky White - Tampa Democratic Socialists of America Co-Chair
Free & open to the public. Move to Amend finances these tours through the generous donations of event attendees. Join us!