- Get state legislators to pledge to support the We the People Amendment and introduce Move to Amend model state legislation.
- Bird dog candidates for local, state and federal office about their position on the We the People Amendment and make this an election issue.
More info coming soon about how to get involved in this effort in 2014! If you're interested in this campaign, please sign up here, we will send you more info soon.
2013 Campaign Materials
Goals this Year
- Get your state legislators to pledge support for the We the People Amendment and begin discussions about introducing Move to Amend model state legislation in 2014.
- Grow capacity and organizing skills of your group.
- Grow number of petition signatures and organizational endorsements from your community.
30 Minute Video Overview of 2013 Pledge to Amend Campaign
Click to download audio of this recording. You can also listen to this recording via audio by calling 559-726-1300, Access Code: 556164# (long distance charges apply).
Support Conference Calls (2nd Wednesday monthly at 5:00pm Pacific / 8:00pm Eastern):
- Wednesday, April 10 - Call Recording
- Wednesday, May 8 - Call Recording
- Wednesday, June 12 - Call Recording
- Introduction to Pledge to Amend
- Power Mapping & Coalition Building
- Public Outreach
- Lobbying Training
- Evaluation & Next Steps
Additional resources coming soon:
Sample Phone Script to call and recruit new volunteers
Interactive Skits that demonstrate three different, common scenarios for how the lobby visit may go and how to respond
Lobbying Do’s and Don’ts
Fact Sheet that explains why we need the We The People Amendment, to give to state legislators
Frequently Asked Questions to give to state legislators to address questions, including the impact on unions and nonprofits
Debrief Surveys to collect information about how the visits went
- Sample Thank You notes to send after the lobby visit