Move to Amend is barnstorming through Washington and we're coming to a town near you! Catch a talk in your area, and learn how you can get involved in the campaign to end corporate personhood and demand real democracy!
Ashley Sanders is a long-time community activist from Salt Lake City, Utah. She graduated from Brigham Young University with a major in English. Ashley worked for Democracy Unlimited in 2009 and helped to form the Move to Amend coalition. She founded the Salt Lake affiliate of Move to Amend and serves on the National Executive Committee. Ashley helped to organize Occupy DC Freedom Plaza and was involved in Occupy Salt Lake. Ashley is one of the people interviewed in the award-winning film, "American Autumn: An OccuDoc," a documentary about the Occupy movement.
Ashley works for Peaceful Uprising, a climate justice organization in Salt Lake, and is fighting to stop the first tar sands mine in the country that is slated to begin operations in Southeastern Utah.
Move to Amend is a national coalition of nearly 300,000 people and organizations whose goal is to amend the US Constitution to end corporate rule and get money out of politics.
Sanders tells the history of the American Constitution as it pertains to Corporate Personhood and illegitimate but legal corporate constitutional rights, followed by facilitated discussion/Q and A. "Organizing to End Corporate Rule & Get Money Out of Politics" aims to help local folks understand how they can work to abolish corporate personhood and establish a government of, by, and for the people.
All events are free & open to the general public. We appreciate your donations to help us finance these tours, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
Note: All times are Pacific
- September 22 - Spokane, 5:00pm at Spokane City Hall
- September 23 - Kennewick/Richland, 6:30pm at Kennewick Public Library
- September 24 - Yakima, 6:30pm at Unitarian Universalist Church of Yakima
- September 25 - Bellingham, 6:00pm, at Norway Hall
- September 26 - Vancouver, 7:00pm at Clark County PUD Community Room
- September 27 - Olympia/Tacoma 6:30pm at Thurston County Court House
- September 28 - Seattle, 7:00pm at University Temple United Methodist Church
short link: http://bit.ly/1d6yIRv